November 5th, 2010
Over 500 people came out on the Friday before the New York Marathon for Christopher McDougall’s Cabaret. Re-Inventing Running was a TED-style line-up with speakers giving short talks on running, athleticism, and fitness. We even had some hula dancers (McDougall’s wife and daughter). And part of Born to Run sung in opera-style, which brought down the house.
• Christopher McDougall, best-selling author of Born to Run
• Dan Lieberman, Harvard professor of human evolutionary biology
• Barefoot Ted, epic barefoot runner and found of Luna Sandals
• Eric Orton, trainer who rebuilt McDougall for the epic race against the Tarahumara
• Peter Sarsgaard, Hollywood actor (and endurance runner)
• John Durant, founder of Barefoot Runners NYC and paleofitness advocate
Sponsored by Vibram and Paragon Sports.
Watch the entire video. To select a speaker, click here.